Thursday, May 5, 2016

Fun Spanish : A really great app for young learners!

I stumbled across the "Fun Spanish" app by Studycat a few years ago, and instantly fell in love with it.  It had three or so free lessons, which I think were colors, numbers, and animals.  The games were interactive and engaging for ages 3+.  At the time, I didn't have any technology in my classroom other than my personal ipad, which I always hesitate to give to students.  But the app was so great, I would pull it out occasionally, while keeping a very close eye on whoever had it!

I found this app especially useful in the summer while I was babysitting a 4 year old who was constantly asking to use my ipad.  I didn't feel so bad letting her have screen time when it was educational!  (She wanted to play games, and I convinced her it was the only game on my ipad...but she also really did enjoy using it!)

This year, my 2nd and 3rd grade classroom acquired kindle fires, and I was very quick to install Fun Spanish is an app for them.  It is a little bit simple for them, but it is a fun way for them to keep their vocabulary knowledge strong, and they love it.  It is one of their favorite things to do in Spanish class.

This week, I used the remainder of my budget for the year to buy three kindle fires for my classroom so that my K/1 class can benefit from this app and others.  They were only $39.99 on Amazon!  There are only 2 more weeks of Spanish classes this year, but it will be a fun way to liven up our last few classes, and I will be able to do so much with them next year.  For only $11.99, I was able to purchase all of the other lessons on the Fun Spanish app, 12 in all.  It is a great deal, and I know it is going to really help reinforce basic vocabulary for all of my younger students next year.


I did not receive any compensation from Studycat for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment